With Valentine’s day coming up fast, it’s time to start thinking about what card you’re going to get, and more importantly what you’re going to put on it.
Why not make your card stand out on the 14th of February by going for a Personalised Valentine’s Day Card. This will help you show appreciation to your valentine through sentimental or fun messages and combine this with a photo to summarise your relationship. Once you’ve chosen a style of card that suits you and your relationship, whether funny, cute or sincere, then it’s time to think about what you’re going to say, and how to use images to make the card stand out.
Expressing your love and appreciation for your partner through a valentines message and photo is an awesome way to start the day. So here at Dom & Geri, we’ve assembled some valentine’s day messages to give you some inspiration, and some tips from the professionals on how to choose the perfect photos to match.
The Right Message
Not everyone is blessed with the ability to easily articulate their feelings,
especially in valentine’s day cards. So, we’ve come up with some options
to help you, whether you’re going for a funny or sentimental tone, these
messages will help you become a wordsmith just in time for the most romantic
day of the year.
• I met you. I liked you. I love you. I’m going to keep you.
• Some things are just meant to be, like you and me.
• Thank you for being my better half. Happy Valentine's Day!
• Thank you for all your love and support throughout the years, I couldn't have gotten through it all without you.
• So happy we swiped right.
• I’m yours. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
• We must be in love, because I still shave my legs for you!
• We’re not single today! Happy Valentine’s Day.
• We’ve been friends for so long that we’re basically married. I now owe you a Valentine’s Day card every year.
• Friend love is the best kind of love. We’ll never break up because you leave the toilet seat up.
• We go together like wine and literally any day of the week.
• Sisters before Misters, Happy Galantine’s!
If you’re still struggling with what to write, don’t worry! Dom & Geri has over 20 verses that you can insert in any text box. Just scroll through whilst personalising the card and pick the message that best represents your feelings towards your partner this Valentine’s day.
The Right Photo
If you’ve gone for a high quality personalised cards, like those found at Dom & Geri, it’s important the photo quality matches that quality. High resolution photos will ensure the photo isn’t pixelated or blurry. Keep to the borders of the photo frame by using the resizing feature to ensure you don’t cut off any important bits of the photo. Consider slightly adjusting the brightness of the image, as the image often appears brighter on a screen than it does in print.
Tips for a romantic photo:
• Place the faces at the centre of the image.
• Make sure the faces are in focus.
• Choose a subtle and inconspicuous background.
• Consider using collage designs like this one, to bring the relationship to life on the card.
Tips for a humorous photo:
• Choose a simple card theme to allow the funny image to be in the spotlight.
• Use a bright filter on the photo.
• Use a valentines card theme which allows you to combine the photo with silly text, like this example.
Plan in advance to create a perfect start to your valentines day with a personalised card. Whatever nature you choose for the card, combine this with a similar toned gift, and be sure to use a matching Valentines Wrapping Paper to complete the theme.